- Massage Training Center, in 2002. Ashiatsu training: Deepfeet Ashiatsu school 2005, Ashi-Thai 2006.
Specialties or Training:
- Ashiatsu Barefoot Massage is my specialty. Ashiatsu is a style of deep tissue massage done with the feet. This technique allows me to apply deep pressure in a controlled manner, using bars and straps attached to the ceiling for balance. Many of my treatments incorporate passive stretching and movement as well.
- In 2016, I had the opportunity to do an internship in Texas at Heeling Sole, the first multi-therapist specialty barefoot massage clinic in the U.S. After completing my internship, I stayed on at Heeling Sole, which provided me the opportunity to do over 3000 hours of barefoot massage on a variety of clients. Meanwhile, the Center for Barefoot Massage was created, and I took their classes through the advanced levels, which included learning the Myofascial ashiatsu style of barefoot massage.
- I enjoy continually learning and have also studied stretch therapy, range of motion, Fijian massage, barefoot shiatsu, and many other continuing education classes from superb teachers, for whom I am very appreciative!
- As you may have guessed, I am a big fan of barefoot massage, both as a massage therapist and as a recipient. I appreciate many massage styles, but barefoot massage is my specialty and my favorite!
Philosophy on Healing: There is a big picture to healing, and many components to it, which some call mind, body and spirit. Restoring balance in all areas of the big picture is a key part in healing. Every client is unique and will find what works best for them, and I am happy to facilitate healing with the tool of barefoot massage, for those that find it to be a great match.
Exceptional Results: Clients have shared great feedback with the results they have experienced from barefoot massage. For example, many have had relief from sciatic-like pain, back and neck pain, relief from tension headaches, and increase in range of motion. Golfers have had more ease in their swing; runners have been able to increase their strides; desk jockeys have been able to manage their sore shoulders and necks. I have had the opportunity to work with a variety of clients, and their results and feedback keep me confident in the effectiveness of barefoot massage.
OR State License: LMT # 25392